Sunday, October 31, 2010

Paleontology Motherload

I love paleontology. I watch every single silly 3-D animated show on dinosaurs and prehistoric critters that I can get my hands on with childish glee. Some are done really well, and some are basically segments of 3-D animation shown over and over with a thrilling soundtrack and the occasional blurb from experts. Beautifully rendered, but repetitious and tedious. I particularly enjoyed Chased by Dinosaurs and the Walking With Dinosaurs series. (anything that Kenneth Branaugh got involved in, actually)

So imagine my delight when I discovered this blog. It is a wonderful blog, and the gentleman who writes it is exceptionally knowledgeable. It seems that he writes for peers, though, so a lot of his posts are really quite dense. If you are unfamiliar with the format of peer-reviewed literature, it can be a bit of a slog to get through. His analyses are exquisitely detailed, though, and I always enjoy reading them.

Still more delight: his blogroll includes several more blogs that only talk about dinosaurs. How I wish I didn't have midterms and applications to deal with. I could lose myself for hours reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment