Sunday, October 31, 2010

So this is my first post. The look of this blog is probably going to evolve over the course of the next month or so, as I get the hang of Blogger and I find pretty pictures and quotes to put up. But first, a bit about me and my mission.

I am a liberal atheist that is trying to get into either medical school or grad school. I wanted to blog my experiences doing just that. I am also a post-bac going to school full-time at San Francisco State University, and I thought it would be fun (and help me get a firm grasp of my material) if every Friday I put up a post that takes a topic from class and explores it in-depth.

My chosen field is neuroendocrine physiology and/or surgery. As I learn more about this sub-specialty I will probably take my research and reactions and talk about what I am learning. I thought that until I handled a few bits of school business it might be fun for me to go over old topics from the endocrinology course I took last semester and discuss them in detail. 

On this blog I will ramble expansively about science, atheism, politics, and my quest for higher education. I am an adult, and the material I post may have adult themes or content. I am open and comfortable with my sexuality, and may well talk about that as it relates to physiology and endocrinology.

 I am excited about this opportunity to share my thoughts about higher education with the community at large. I hope you enjoy what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment