Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Reflections

Well, it is New Year's Eve, and time for some reflections of the year. This year was an incredible milestone and turning point in my life.

This is the year that I turned my back on one childhood dream for another dream that I think will fulfill me more. I am delighted that I turned my eye toward human medicine and that I have found a discipline that I like so well: neurochemistry. Neurotransmitters are exceptionally fascinating to me, because of their ability to allow us to learn and grow and develop.

I also spent a good deal of this year learning about the skeptic community and the atheist community, something that both woke my brain up to new possibilities of learning and that told me that I wasn't alone. There are some amazing people out there, that have important and intelligent things to say, and their perspectives have given me all kinds of food for thought.

It is also the year that I had my wedding reception and my honeymoon. ;)

I look to the new year with hope and expectation: expectation that I will excel in my chosen field, and hope that I will be able to go to medical school and fulfill my dream.

Peace, love, and joy to all. Have a happy and safe New Year, with the hope of many to come.

-RF

No comments:

Post a Comment