Friday, August 5, 2011

More on The Oslo Massacre

So apparently there was a couple that were instrumental in helping some of the young people escape from the massacre near Oslo. And yet, we in the States have heard nothing about it because the rescuers were A) female and B) lesbians.

I just don't understand why this has yet to hit the American media. Well, I kind of do, and this article explains the narrative that the American media likes to portray, but honestly, I thought we were past this kind of blatant misogyny and hatred of homosexuals.

Considering that I'd never heard of Alan Turing until I was in my 20's, perhaps I shouldn't be that shocked. My home state, California, just recently passed legislation mandating the teaching of the accomplishments of gays and lesbians in history. It's a step in the right direction, but really? We had to wait until 2011 to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment